Friday 26 June 2015

The Parson's Nose














It's no secret amongst people that know us that high amongst the list of our favourite things are good food, walks and drives. On one boring day we decided to fulfil the lot. We took a short drive from Belfast to Hillsborough and walked around the town (so many cute shops, I might add). 

I will admit to having had an agenda. I had heard a lot of people talking about The Parson's Nose - a pub/restaurant serving what was apparently really great food so I headed there with full intents of filling my belly. I must say, it didn't disappoint. It's no reflection on the dishes we ordered, but my favourite part of the meal was undoubtably the bread basket - I am a carb fiend. Just try to learn from my mistake and avoid filling up on bread before your food even arrives! 

There's a good range of options, including a vegetarian menu for those who need it. We both had a starter and a main, along with some sides we shared (triple cooked chips are a must). All the food arrived quickly, was hot and most importantly insanely delicious. The thing I noticed most was the portion sizes - generous enough to be a filling meal but not so large as to tempt you to fill yourself past the point of no return!  The restaurant was nice and quiet, especially since we had landed on a weekday, and the staff were amazingly helpful.

I would wholeheartedly recommend The Parsons Nose at any point, but to me it has the feeling of the perfect Sunday lunch restaurant, given that the surroundings for a post-meal walk and drink are pretty much spot on.  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Great Perhaps | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig